Subscribe on Facebook

Monday, March 19, 2012

To fake a smile


Well I write this not to say that I can carry a fake smile , no I can’t do that , i Guess i am too bad at that , I cannot lie and I cannot carry a fake smile .But here in It field its necessary to at least spot a fake smile to be on the safer side .Most people are bad at spotting fake smiles. Would you like to know if you can. If you can tell if a person’s smile is real or fake , you in fact are a genius and you will go a long way in life . Whether it’s real or fake a smile is quite necessary in this professional world . But to spot it being a real one or a fake is to be a genius I guess.

According to the BBC, different parts of the brain are used to create a real or a fake smile. Real smiles are automatic (i.e. unconscious brain) whereas fake smiles can be done on-demand (i.e. conscious brain). With fake smiles, the mouth moves outward. With real smiles, the mouth moves, but the eyes also crease up and the eyebrows dip slightly.

But let me tell you I am really very poor at that .

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Rahul...that's why it is said that it is NOT the lips that smile, it's eyes that smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May be you are right , but it snot easy to notice that !! aint it !

      Delete
  2. Our facial expressions are indicators to others about how we are feeling. They help others decide how to respond to us, and thereby enable clear and relevant communication. If you are compelled to put on an expression that is not in sync with your true feelings, somewhere down the line, communication problems will emerge. I am saying this not because I disagree with what you have written (I don't) but because I feel that the short term pain of wearing your true feelings on your face is worth the long term peace and happiness, and having been a part of your journey, I would hate to see you hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right @subhorup :)
      thanks for visiting

      Delete