Subscribe on Facebook

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Varsha's Interview

Hello People , 
As promised I have just forced another blogger "AAME" Meaning "Rain" in "japanese" and "We" in "Odiya". The interview as promised in unedited :).

Here it goes 
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations and your hubby !!
-I am a simple girl with simple wishes and dreams.I am blessed to be married to my childhood sweetheart.You can know more about US here.
I write about our trips and travels  @ TokyoTravels.
We write @My Dear U
And we capture the beauty around @SanVar FotoFun.
Also i write for JapanTourist.

[In between Rahul Miglani : She wont tell much about her hubby here and she insists to read her blog for that :) ]

2. How you first got involved in with blogging? 
It all started with big earthquake here in Japan.We were supposed to go back to India that same year and i wanted to journal the places we had been traveling to.And thereby started TokyoTravels.

[In between Rahul Miglani : Wah filmy huh ]

Also,I always kept jotting down our special moments, the little things in a day that make a difference…that make us the couple we are in my numerous notebooks/diaries but i also always wanted to have them all in one place and so i tried to try out blogging.I didn’t start it as ‘blogging’ and it still remains to be more of a chat with friends sharing our moments of life at My Dear U.

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
-To squeeze in time while baking the brownies :) Sometimes i wonder how people do it so effortlessly! I though have so much time on hand but it’s like when am living it all am living it all :) I’m yet to learn a lot about time management ! 

4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
-Frida,Jo,Cocomino have been there right from the start and are absolute darlings.When i started writing on Tokyotravels and thereafter My Dear U i had never thought or cared if anyone would actually read it.But these people made me feel loved each time ! Further on through Indi i met Leo,DS,The Fool, Kirti, Pooja,you and few more :) 
[In between Rahul Miglani : Han mera naam lena jaruri tha]

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
 Free-flowing and straight from the heart  :)
[In between Rahul Miglani : We all agree dear ]

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Reading,writing,music,movies,photography and my hubby fascinate me and keep me hooked all time !!! Basically,I am busy learning,living and loving !!! 

7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
With some more friends along the way, and maybe meet these special friends too ! 5 yrs down the road i hope i can see hubby reading out my book to our little one :)

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
I am the last person you should be asking that.

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
That way it has been quite easy for me as i write as and how it comes to me.We travel to a new place and i update TokyoTravels with it…we have a sweet moment and i share it on My Dear U and something catches my eye it’s on SanVar FotoFun :)

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
No strategies, just to record and share my travels,my experiences,the sweet moments and beauty of my life and love..so that they live beyond me…I don’t want to keep these things only to me and take these away with me…I want the world to know !!!


11. Any specific tips you have for newbee bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
I believe in quality more than quantity..if people like what you write…they would sure tag along.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Content and readers ! 

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
A smile, a hope, a new perspective, a new thought and lots more !

14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
No idea ! 

15. What motivates you most in life ?
That i have just one life to live and love ! 

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
I’m pretty bad at networking and promoting ! But i know at-least a few read and like what we 
are doing.I really appreciate and thank all these wonderful people who love us so much !

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
Deciding the platform and then the template. 

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
 19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
I’m still coming across so many of them.There’s something to learn from each one of them ! But special kudos to the youngsters who really amaze me with their talent and passion for writing ! 

20. Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live?
My country,India ! 

21. your connection with Indi and the experience ? 
Indi experience has been and continues to be great ! It’s a great platform to come across so many talented writers and it’s fun and enriching to know their varied perspectives on different topics.There is so much to learn each time !


22.Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Means least connection with readers ? I personally don’t like crime stories but then that’s a hit genre.So u see it’s hard to say as everyone has their own likings :)

23.Which one plugin would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Stats ? 
[In between Rahul Miglani: Are you asking me , yes stats are important sometimes :P ]

24.Five adjectives that describe you.
Free-spirited, empathetic,passionate,unconventional,age-defying :P

25.What book would you say has made the biggest impact — good or bad — on you?
Buddha by Herman Hesse, gifted by my Dad. 

26.Words for me .?
I like the variety in your posts and your efforts towards bonding with fellow-bloggers :) 

Well I would like to thank varsha for taking out time for this interview , it was so good to know a talented writer like you , I wish you all the best for the future for your blog and stay blessed.Thanks a lot again.


8 comments:

  1. It was nice meeting to Varsha through this interview. I really liked her reply to the question what blogger can give to readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashwini :) Glad you could relate to my answer ! NIce to meet u too :)

      Delete
  2. Varsha can also courier her brownies--I am hungry now:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey i can sure have them delivered to your inbox Bhavana ;) Nice to know u !

      Delete
  3. Thanks Rahul for this opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete