Hello Everyone , In this series of interviews now we have a very elegant blogger Nabanita .
She has been inspiration for many bloggers , lets know a bit more about her..
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations and your hobbies !!
Ans: Well as my blog Random Thoughts -Naba says I love to write and am very passionate about it. Blogging for me is fodder for my soul. If on a day I am not able to write or blog; I tend to get upset. That is the intensity to which I love blogging or writing. Though I work as a Software Engineer; writing is what gives perspective to my life. When my colleagues aspire for a promotion or a good rating, I dream of being able to write every day of my life!
Hobbies ¢ï¿½Â¦ Well first there is writing and then comes watching back to back runs and re-runs of Friends, Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Bones, Castle’ Yes I am a comedy and thriller junkie!
2. How you first got involved in with blogging?
Ans: Well I have always loved writing. In fact I have often maintained a dairy to jot down my thoughts. I started blogging in 2010. It was actually my sister who created this account for me. She gave me the nudge to move towards blogging. But still I would blog only occasionally. It wasn¢ï¿½ï¿½t until my husband and my sister coaxed me to take it up more regularly that the thoughts from my journal found their way to the Blogosphere.
3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
Ans: I am actually very impulsive and very passionate about anything and everything related to women which sometimes prevents me from seeing a bigger picture or writing about a topic related to women with a balanced outlook. But I am trying to harness the skill to write from a broader and all round perspective.
4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
Ans: There have been many specially those that I met here in Indiblogger. I love this little world of mine with my blogger friends. The best part is I haven¢ï¿½ï¿½t seen a community like us bloggers that is so supportive and welcoming.
5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
Ans: I guess I wouldn’ t be the best person to answer that. Perhaps you could! But if you insist than I would say honest and passionate!
6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Ans: I keep thinking about what to blog about!
7 .Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?
Ans: Well I see myself posting a zillion posts on my blog. I wish to write on diverse topics and be really good at that!
8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
Ans: Blogging for me is not a business. When I write something I do it because I love to write; when somebody reads it I feel good that I was able to reach out to someone with my blog. Networking for me is to share my thoughts to my fellow bloggers, to people who are as passionate about writing and blogging as I am. It is also an encouragement and a way to analyze yourself when you reach out to more people but definitely not a business.
9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
Ans: I just write about anything that touches my heart or when I feel like weaving a story.
10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
Ans: Just start writing and everything else shall follow.
11. Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?
Ans: If they love to write and they have an inner drive for that, then blogosphere will welcome them with open arms.
12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Ans: As I mentioned above everything is about the content and writing; the rest shall follow.
13. What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
Ans: An honest effort to put in words one¢ï¿½ï¿½s feelings and thoughts.
14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
Ans: Well I haven’t thought about blogging as an avenue to earn money so I would not be the right person to answer this.
15. What motivates you most in life?
Ans: Simple things in life are the biggest motivators for me. The smile on my husband’s face after he reads my blog; that motivates me! My sister bragging about my blog to her friends, that motivates me! My parents still feeling proud of me when my name only gets short listed in a writing contest; that motivates me!
16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Ans: Well before joining Indiblogger I wasn’t aware of this whole notion of creating visibility about blogs. I would often wonder how does a blog among a hoard of others mange to get so many readers. But I was in for a very pleasant surprise, when you display your work via Indivine it is right there for others to read. The blogging community is very welcoming and once you are part of it; the visibility comes naturally.
17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
Ans: The start¦ Once you get the perfect start, the rest flows like a stream.
18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
Ans: It’s hard to pick one. Every post is a part of me; good or bad. But if I have to list a few they would be;
1. Sweet are the uses of adversity...be-positive!
2. Every end is a new beginning
3. Its not dowry its our culture!
4. Intercaste Marriages
19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
Ans: There is Preeti Shenoy, Seema, Navin, Vikram Karve, Deepa, Kajal Chanchani Nayar and many more. The list goes on and is actually quite long!
20. Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live?
Ans: Well it has to be Sydney, Australia by all means. It is among the most multicultural Cities in the World. I have enjoyed every moment there!
21. your connection with Indi and the experience ?
Ans: Awesome and I’m loving every moment of being a part of it.
22.Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?
Ans: Posts on issues which concern the common man is what grabs a lot of eyeballs.
23.Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?
Ans: In todays age of social networking, it has to be the Facebook Plug-in of your Blogs Page.
24.Five adjectives that describe you.
Ans: I am a typical Aries so five adjectives that would describe me are: Independent, Daring, Impatient, Fiery, and Generous.
25.What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?
Ans: There is a long list which probably wouldn't fit in here! To name a few David Copperfield, The Diary of a Young Girl, Gone with the Wind, Wuthering Heights. I would only say that each book I have read has shown me the reflection of a world different from mine and I have enjoyed the rides through each immensely.
26.Words for me/my blog .?
Ans: Your blog is an elegant mixture of brain and emotions. I like the content and your style. Of course this new initiative shows how serious you are about our blogosphere and I appreciate that!
Thanks a lot Nabanita for your time for this interview , It has been a pleasure to know your views on diverse issues and letting the blogosphere know about you and your thoughts , I wish you all the best for the wonderful blog you have and stay blessed !