Subscribe on Facebook

Monday, May 14, 2012

Privy Trifles Interview

Hello  Everyone , In this series of interviews now we have a very nice blogger by the name Privy Trifles  .The best thing about her blog is the content which I guess is the key to every blog and her current indi rank is 73 .Lets know a bit more about her 



Þ     Can you tell us a little about yourself? Your blog, and your aspirations and your hobbies!!

·         As I say it on my blog, ‘I am like a wave in the sea which constantly goes up and down but still manages to give out a picture of serenity.’ My blog – Privy Trifles means private or secret things in life which are of little importance. The topics written by me also seem to be trifle in our lives but when looked closely they leave a very big mark on us because all the best things of live are available for free – love, laughter, happiness, friends, loved ones etc . I aspire to spread more smiles and make a difference. Apart from writing I also enjoy reading, dancing, sketching and listening to music.

[In Between Rahul Miglani : And she still does not tell you her Real name ;) ]

Þ      How you first got involved in with blogging?

·         You need to promise you won’t laugh at this answer – It was a fluke. One of my colleagues started his blog and I decided to see what it is all about. And as they say rest is history.

Þ     What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topics?

·         For me the challenge is always to write better than before. This helps me to keep my thinking cap on all the time!

Þ     Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?

·         I have met some really wonderful people in this 1 year + journey of blogging to name a few Arti Honrao, Rachit Gupta, Tarang Sinha, Sridevi, Gayathri etc.

Þ     How would (someone) describe your blogging style?

·         Simple and lucid.

Þ     What do you do when you are not working on your blog?

·         I work J I am finance professional. And if you meant what other than these, than I can easily be found with some book or shaking my head wildly with some wires dangling from my ears. I live by the moments that take my breath away and create them whenever possible.

Þ     Where do you see yourself blogging wise in the next 6 months, and 5 years down the road?

·         6 months – I want to carve a niche for myself in the blogging world
5 years – I want to see my book in the best sellers list.

I hope this is not too much to ask for!

Þ     What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?

·         I have not done anything remotely closer to networking so no clue.

Þ     How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.

·         I have 2 blogs. One is a generic blog while the other is for book reviews, poems and daily inspirational thoughts.  To be honest I suffer from blogeria – I see everything around me with only one thought ‘can this be blogged?’I carry a notebook with me 24 X 7. It is there on my bedside too when I am sleeping lest I get some thoughts in my dreams. I scribble on it any thought that comes to my mind and later on work on it to make it a post. Everything and anything that catches my eye is noted here. Sometimes it turns out to be useless and sometimes it works wonders. For me it is fun to constantly think about my next post. And I don’t people struggle. I feel they sometimes suffer from writers’ block which is perfectly normal.

Þ     What’s your strategy with your blog in general, do you plan to blog, or maybe you have some samples?

·         Strategy is too complex a term for something as articulate as blogging.  I don’t plan to blog or have any samples. I write anything that touches my heart as and when it happens. I just write what I feel in general.

Þ     Any specific tips you have for newbie bloggers who want to make it in the blogosphere?

·         Write frequently, read other’s blogs, express your feedback, join some blogger community like Indi blogger, Blog Adda etc to meet more bloggers. Remember there is something definitely worth learning from each one out here.

Þ     What would you prioritize? Content?  SEO?  Traffic? Readers?

·         Content of course because a good content automatically gets you readers and readers in turn get you traffic and SEO. So you see it is all connected.

Þ     What’s the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?

·         A good content which leaves a thought in the mind, smile on the lips and hope in the heart. Apart from that one more thing which I would like to add is the feeling of being special. We all like feeling special and so it is with our readers. When they take so much pain to read our blogs, comment on them and follow least we can do is acknowledge them either through comments, posts or mails to make them feel special and express our gratitude.

Þ     A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?

·         Sorry… I am novice in all this to comment anything!

Þ     What book would you say has made the biggest impact good or bad on you?

·         Books are sheer bliss. They can never have any bad impact on any one. The list of impactful books is huge but as of now I can only think of P.S.I Love you as it reminds you how unpredictable life is. We take it for granted and chase things which seem bigger and better only to realise it was all a mirage.

           [In Between Rahul Miglani : Thats one of my fav too ]

Þ     What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?

·         The only thing I might have done till date to create visibility for my blog was joining Face book as I had come to know that some writing competitions are held through that medium.

Þ     What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?

·         Getting all those gadgets on my blog. You know I keep coming across such beautiful blogs with interesting templates and gadgets but I simply cannot do all that stuff. I guess I am bad at all that techie things. Though I did try once and almost lost my blog!

Þ     Five adjectives that describe you.

·         Vivacious
·         Eloquent
·         Aspirant
·         Inquisitive
·         Enigmatic

Þ     Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?

·         Preeti Shenoy – A blogger turned author – I look up to her as even after being so famous she is still down to earth. She responds to each and every mail / comments and remembers you also.
·         Sagarika Chakraborthy Another blogger turned author. Her 1st book was a huge hit but that has not changed her even a wee bit. She is still the same person.
·         Arti Honrao A blogger, author, poet, photographer….etc the list is endless. And believe me when I say she is stupendous in each one of them.
·         Rachit Gupta – He writes beautifully. The only word that comes to my mind for him is Hats off!

Þ     Ever been to another country or state that you liked better then where you currently live?

·         Nope – nothing can match the magic of the place I am living in currently. Wherever I go I start feeling homesick within 10 days.

Þ     Your connection with Indi and the experience?

·         Indi blogger has been a wonderful experience. I am getting to meet so many fellow bloggers and read so many wonderful blogs all at one place. It makes me feel great to see the kind of encouragement we give to each other by voting for our posts and of course we do get to make some real good friends too. Though I am pretty new here, I am loving the warmth that is being extended towards me.

Þ     Which genre do you feel gets the raw deal?

·         Socio-political conditions of our country. The real picture is never able to come out for the fear of creating controversy.

Þ     Which one plug-in would you suggest all bloggers to have?

·         I suggest follow by email for non blogger users to read the blog.

Þ     Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?

·         Least favourite - Lazy Lamhe – This was my laziest post till date.
·         Most favourite With Love – This is a letter to my blog and hence it is very special to me.

Þ     What motivates you most in life?

·         Life itself – We have one life, one chance and so much to do!

Þ     Words for me/my blog?

·         I like your style of writing and the array of topics you choose. They really make you take notice of something’s which otherwise go unnoticed. I personally liked your gay love letter a lot. It was truly beautiful and heart touching. Your blog is also very well designed highlighting the content of it the most. 



And at this point I would like to thank you for your time and so sweet of you to let us all blogger know a bit about yourself.Its always so good to know fellow bloggers .


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing out these interviews.Totally Im pressed.They work as a bridge between unknown bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following your blog for a while, like a mute spectator. I must say you're doing a great job with the interviews too. Gives them a platform and helps us know them better!

    Good going :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much Rahul - M truly honoured and touched :)

    M feeling like a Mini- Celebrity seeing my firrrrsssstttt ever interview in my life. Huge thanks to you...........:o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Its my pleasure and My sincere effort to make bloggers aware of different flavors of bloggers ...

      Delete
  4. cool interview..I agree privvy's writing is simple and lucid!! And nice to learn a new word--blogeria!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the term 'Blogeria' .. :-D

    ReplyDelete