Subscribe on Facebook

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Gayathri's Interview

As promised to rope in few more indibloggers , This time I forced Gayathri to give me the interview :)
Here is the full , unedited , original interview ;) and her blog is here.

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? your blog , and your aspirations !
-I am a big blah...blah person... but you won't find me boring. I love books and philosophy. Music is like breathing to me I cannot live without music, love spending time with family and friends. Dance is my first love and writing is my passion. A bunch of contradictions, laid back, I have my own take on things in life and I don't try to adapt others way until I find it convincing. I enjoy the very simple things in life and love surprises. A great admirer of nature, God and love. I love to discuss about books, movies, philosophy, love and relationships, gadgets, writing and poetry.


2. How you first got involved in with blogging?
-One fine day I was alone at office and was extremely bored with work like every other day! And so I lazily browsed through our corporate sites when I came across the link Blog@Work I clicked on the link and started looking for what people have done here and wow! There were few amazing bloggers. So to beat the boredom I started writing on my corporate blog. Honestly, I don't remember my first blog but I know a lot of people liked it. So hey! Why not write some more and see how people react, if they like it they are going to say... if they don't they are going say that too.... And that's how I started writing... Later got totally inspired by Chetan Bhagat (Laugh all you want! but he is my inspiration) and have stepped on to write my first novel. I hope it impresses the publishers and is on the stands some beautiful day!
[In between Rahul Miglani : I hate Chetan Bhagat ]

3. What do you find most challenging about blogging about your topic?
-One of my friends asked me to write a short story on a girl affected by schizophernia I haven't completed it yet, because I have to make a lot of research on the disease. Another was my first poem.


4. Tell me about some of the people you have met while working on your blog?
-I have met quite a lot and we are such good friends now. The ones who created an impact would be.

1) Sanjay Madhavan - He is the best critic of my blogs and he always gives me wonderful feedbacks to improvise my blogs.

2) Kerry - He always appreciates my work and tells me if I go wrong or do a underrated job. Got introduced as a blogger and my best of the best friend now!

3) Sahaya, Bharath, Amit and Saravanan - My fans as they always say.

5. How would (someone) describe your blogging style?
-OK, Many of them say that they find my blogs way too simple to understand. Few has found solutions to their troubles through my blog and they have thanked me for that. Many think I am a blogger who speaks right from her heart.

6. What do you do when you are not working on your blog?
Work, books, music, painting, gym, yoga, spending time with family and friends, think of the next topic to blog. I do lot of things.
[In Between Rahul Miglani : So you dont work in office anymore :P :P ]

7 .Are you a full time blogger? How did you get into blogging and why?
No! I think the second question answers the second part of this question or does it mean something else?

[In Between Rahul Miglani : No , you are smart enough to answer the question fully so this question is a wate now ]

8. What networking do you do that you feel helps your blogging business?
-I do not consider blogging as a business but right now I use blogspot and indiblogger to publish and promote my blogs.

9. How do you keep coming up with material/content for your blog? Many people struggle with coming up with different articles/posts and they only have one blog.
-First of all, having just one blog doesn't mean the person is incapable of coming up with new ideas it is a mis perception. They can sum up all their thoughts in that single blog. As far as I am concerned I write when I feel like writing, the time when the words flow into my mind I stop whatever I do and start penning it down later post it in my blog. And when I write short stories I take time for a week do some research on the internet and post it when it gets a final shape.

10. Whats your strategy with your blog in general?
-I try to post at least 5 posts a week that way the traffic wouldn't go down and my followers know I still exist and I do write.

11. Do you think Pagerank plays a vital role in a blogs life?
I think yes it does play a big role.

12. What would you prioritize? Content? SEO? Traffic? Readers?
Content and readers, if there are more readers the traffic is obviously going to increase.

13. Whats the best thing a blogger can give to his readers?
The best thing a blogger can give his readers is an interesting content. I believe in bringing about a change in a person's life through my blog and I have done it to a few people.


14. A lot of people are interested in blogging for the money earning potential. What are some tips for people interesting in making money from blogging? What are some realistic expectations in regards to what can be made?
-Honestly, I don't know about this because I blog for the pleasure of it and I don't want money. I can always earn it through other sources.

15. What motivates you most in life ?
I know when I wake up the next day there are people who wait for something new on my blog, there are souls that wait for my phone call and there are people who are waiting to bug me. This is what keeps me going.

16. What has been your strategy for creating visibility to yourself and your blog?
Keep writing regularly, visit others blogs frequently and post comments, reply the comments on my blog, promote the blogs of the people in my network and the others that I find interesting.

17 What was the most challenging moment in your blog content development process and why?
-To get a definite template for my blog, I still have not got it and it is really upsetting. I don't find any template that appeals me.

18. Everyone has a favorite/least favorite post. Name yours and why?
My least favourite post would be the "10 hot men" that I wrote for a blog challenge, I somehow was not contented about writing that post because it's not me and I don't write such posts.


[In between Rahul Miglani : who gave you that challenge , lets kill him/her]

My most favourite post would be THIS immediately after the day of posting this on my blog 2 of them contacted me to make a short story on this and it is also one of my personal favourites.

19. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
I look upto and it is The Fool (Lucifer Inc.) and Preeti Shenoy a blogger turned writer.

20. If someone was interested in blogging, what would be a few things you would suggest?
I would ask them to blog for passion and not for time pass, Feed the blog often, care for your readers and respect them, Make sure you spend sometime for your blog everyday. Finally take time to read and reply all the comments.

21. your connection with Indi and the experience ?
-Indiblogger apart from gaining me many followers had given me few amazing friends I can treasure for a lifetime, only after Indi I realised how tough it is to grow as a blogger and how many people blog out there in this big world!

22.Words for me .?
I really don't know much about you to say something about you, but I have read few of your blogs and they are quite amazing.


So folks this was Gayathri !!! Thank you so much for your time ...!!!!

17 comments:

  1. Nice interview. Keep up the good work, Rahul. First time I am seeing someone mention me as someone to look up to in an interview. Thanks G3. I am floating in the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u r an awesome blogger fool , many ppl look up to u @the fool
      u r humble

      Delete
  2. Awesome interview :D.
    Loved the answers ;) :D.

    Di and Rahul Don't kill me :P. I gave that topic :| :P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks poo
      ..........
      we wont kill u dont worry :P lol !!

      Delete
  3. Very nice interview Rahul....A surprise is waiting for you at - http://mymindtales.blogspot.com/2012/05/big-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a Ton ashwini
      wrote about it here !!
      http://xs2rahulz.blogspot.in/p/awards.html

      Delete