Subscribe on Facebook

Monday, April 9, 2012

The Watchman

I have this habit of making friends with all the watchmen’s of our society. Now there is this old man who use to sit below our building as a watchmen. Some two months back he was just an old man who had no expressions what so ever on his face, looked quite dangerous and I had never seen him utter even a single word. He was very weak and old and used to wear broad spectacles.

But as my habit goes, whenever I used to enter or leave the building I used to sing him a song that too quite loud. I know that’s weird but that was my effort to make him smile at least. He must have been in his late sixties, I m not sure but he was still expressionless. Then I started singing louder and louder every time I used to enter or leave with full expressions pointed towards him, songs ranging from “tujhe dekha to ye jana sanam” to “ai meri zohara-zabi”.

And then came the day when he smiled , about after 15 days or so , he smiled ;and that gave me a sense of achievement and the song was “khudi ko kar buland itna”.

Now every day I used to sing him song as many times I used to enter or leave the building and both of us used to smile at each other .Whatever may be my mood specially while coming back from office , singing that song for him made me smile and onlookers gave me such looks like I have gone mad but never cared for anybody .

But as I returned from vacations on Sunday I could not find him , have you seen him , he used to sit at D3 building security at kunal icon. Tell him that I miss him.

9 comments:

  1. Hi, cool post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for sharing. I will probably be subscribing to your blog. Keep up great writing!!!
    1996 Lincoln Mark Series AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @sheena
      Thanks a lot !! Thanks for visiting and for your words !!

      Delete
  2. I’m seriously happy to discover this great site the future of this blog is getting good and more useful for me thanks and god bless you.
    IT Company India

    ReplyDelete
  3. please visit the link theres a small surprise for u
    http://alkanarula.blogspot.in/2012/04/awesome-blogger-award-first-of-thank.html#links

    ReplyDelete
  4. More than your writing this post speaks volumes of your character. :))
    i am all smiles here,nice to meet someone like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. huge compliment for me @mandeepo
      thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  5. +1 @ Dr Mandeep KhanujaApril 9, 2012 8:26 PM
    More than your writing this post speaks volumes of your character. :))
    i am all smiles here,nice to meet someone like you.

    Im just imagining the whole thing while reading your post ...Itz like reading a book or a scene fell out of a movie,good work man
    and it made me to subscribe to u r blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow , I must take this as a huge compliment , Thanks a ton !!
      I will try to remain as such !!! :)

      Delete